We may collect personal information from you including, without limitation, non-public information about you that helps TDV identify you, such as first and last name, email address, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, billing information, credit card information, reservation and stay information, travel agency information, guest preferences, social media usernames, and other non-public information.
We may collect non-personal information about your use of the TDV websites such as your IP address, usage statistics, browsing history, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), and the domain name of your internet service provider. We use the IP address(es) from which you make your reservations to help administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you. We take great care to ensure this information remains confidential. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorized access or unlawful processing of your personal information.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation or by using TDV services
- By registering with TDV’s loyalty program (Aeroplan), ‘With Toronto Don Valley Hotel’*
- By signing up to receive emails, promotions, alerts, announcements or newsletters**
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative or contest
- By visiting our website(s)
- By applying for jobs via our website or email; and
- By communicating with TDV via the websites, email or fax.
*As a regular hotel guest of TDV you have the opportunity to belong to our Aeroplan program, ‘With TDV’. ‘With TDV’ is designed to deliver a higher level of personalization and service, additional personal information will be required. Membership is voluntary.
**You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers. Unsubscribe instructions are also included in each of our marketing communications emails.
***This information provided to will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To process/respond to your reservations, requests, inquiries and provide services to you.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To alert you to new developments, promotions, specials, events, or products or services.
- To send announcements, promotions, and newsletters.
- To analyze our users’ demographics and interests.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
If we wish to use your personal information for an additional purpose, we will always ask you to agree at the point of collection. If you have already supplied us with personal information, you can change your instructions at any time.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of TDV, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest - for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with the hotel for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information may be shared with other hotels within TDV so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that hotel in the future.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to affect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by TDV to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by TDV to evaluate a customer's credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer's account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of TDV it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest's personal information by TDV to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY LAWS
This Web site contains logos, wordmarks, images and other valuable trademarks owned and used by TDV. These trademarks and related proprietary property are protected from copying and simulation under national and international laws and may not be reproduced, copied or otherwise used without the express prior written permission of TDV.